Monday November 16th 2020
1:00 PM EST
The availability of highly potent Marijuana extracts for vaping is a massive public health problem. High potency THC and CBD “Vape Juice” are now the preferred products for people under 35 years old, and new state laws around the nation have allowed for increased availability of these dangerous cannabis and other drug concentrates.
The course will examine the effects of vaping high potency cannabis concentrates, along with the extremely dangerous “K2” and “Spice” synthetics. These products now causing E-cigarette or Vaping Product Use-Associated Lung Injury (EVALI) disease, psychosis, schizophrenia and catatonia across the nation. This three-hour, scientifically-based live webinar will provide an in-depth examination of what can happen to a patient when high-potency THC, CBD and other drug concentrates are used in conjunction with vaping devices.
The following topics will be discussed in this course:
- E-cigarette or Vaping Product Use-Associated Lung Injury (EVALI)
- THC addiction
- THC Withdrawal Syndrome
- Pesticides, Heavy metals and Cyanide found in Vape Juice products
- 1. Recognize the dangers of Vaping THC and other Cannabinoids.
- 2. Recognize the risks of Vaping THC and other Cannabinoids.
- 3. Allow parents to utilize peer-reviewed evidence in arguments with children and colleagues who will not objectively listen to any information that is against THC and other Cannabinoids.
- 4. Understand the signs and symptoms to look for in Vaping Lung Disease or EVALI.
- 5. Recognize the risks of Vaping THC and other Cannabinoids. 3.
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).