Wednesday, December 6th, 2023 1:45 PM EST Kathryn Krase, Ph.D.,
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Are you working with a family involved in a custody case? Have you been asked to serve as an expert witness? Are you worried about being sued? Mental health professionals are often put in a position where they must interface with the legal system. Many times, these interactions are not voluntary on the part of the mental health professional. As a result, they can be daunting. This course will help prepare mental health professionals with information and skills to competently interface with the legal system, when necessary.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Introductions (10 minutes)
Basics of the Court System (40 minutes)
This portion of the presentation will provide basic information necessary to
understand the important aspects of a legal proceeding.
Roles of Mental Health Professionals in a Court Case
- Expert Witness
- Party to a Proceeding (Petitioner v. Respondent)
Important Skills for Mental Health Professionals in a Court Case (30
minutes)- Written & oral communication
Case Studies (20 minutes)
- Video examples & discussion
Practicing Skills (40 minutes)
Conclusions/Questions (10 minutes)
- Identify stages of a legal proceeding.
- Explain various contexts where mental health professionals can serve as valuable resources for a court proceeding.
- Effectively communicate important information within the legal system.
- Serve as an ambassador to the legal system for their clients.
- Serve as an advocate for their clients within the legal system.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437