Add this webinar to your calendar:
Therapist Hillary Bolter says ”Early on in my days as a therapist, a mentor said to me, ‘YOU are the cake, Hillary’. What does cake have to do with being a therapist?! She explained further, ‘Who YOU are, how YOU show up with clients, THAT is the bulk of our work as therapists. The skills and tools we bring to sessions are the icing, but remember, YOU are the cake.’ "
In this session, we will play around with the synthesis of the roots of humanistic psychology, Motivational Interviewing spirit, and who we are as therapists as tools to enhance the change process with clients. We are in this business to help people change! Come learn about the key ingredients to this process! Ms. Bolter will also share recent findings from 70 years of psychotherapy research from the 2021 book by Bill Miller & Theresa Moyers. Enhance your flavor of cake, and learn evidence-based methods of showing up in the room.
- Explore and assess internal and external expressions of three research based therapeutic factors
- Describe 8 evidence based relational therapeutic factors
- Compare and contrast three communication styles
6:00-6:15 Exploring our attempts to help people change
6:15-6:30 Key Ingredient exploration, Favorite Mentor Activity
6:30-6:45 “Spirit” of Motivational Interviewing, key factors, cultural humility and client values
6:45-7:00 Interview recording with my mentor about Relational ‘ingredients’
7:00-:7:15 70 Years of psychotherapy research, overview of 8 factors inward & outward expressions, plan to focus on 3 elements
7:15-:7:30 Exploration of Accurate Empathy, inward & outward expressions, 12 Roadblocks to Listening
7:30-7:45 Complex reflection exploration and practice activity
7:45-8:00 Exploration of Positive Regard, inward and outward expressions, Affirmations, personal writing activity
8:00-8:15 Exploration of Acceptance, inward and outward expressions
8:15-8:30 Three styles of communication
8:30-8:45 Self assessment writing activity and debrief, plans for enhancing these elements of ‘self in the room’
8:45-9:00 Research overview, overview of framework Motivational Interviewing offers as pathway to effective psychotherapy, Q & A.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.