Add this webinar to your calendar:
The training will focus on the therapeutic process and relationship between therapist and client. Sub-topics will include evidenced-based psychotherapeutic techniques, case conceptualization, setting goals and expectations, client resistance, the therapeutic alliance, developing empathy, appropriate boundaries in therapy, transference/ countertransference, objectivity, validation, active listening, reframing, and termination.
Dovid Katzenstein, DSW, LCSW-R, is the clinical coordinator of the Department of Behavioral Health at Premium Health Center. In addition, he maintains a group private practice in Brooklyn. Dr. Katzenstein is an adjunct professor at Touro College, where he has taught classes on Abnormal Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Developmental Psychology, and Introduction to Psychotherapy. He has also served as an adjunct faculty member of both Wurzweiler and NYU Schools of Social Work, and is a consulting reviewer for the Clinical Social Work Journal. His article on underreporting sexual abuse in Orthodox communities was recently published in the Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, and he has been invited to speak across the globe on this topic. His most current research focuses on inter-generational transmission of trauma and resilience. Most important, he is proud to co-chair the Early Professional Committee of Nefesh International.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 4 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.