Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 11:00 AM EDT -2:00 PM EDT Rebecca Ashery PhD, LCSW-C, Leader-Manager Coach
Add this webinar to your calendar:
A total of 20 important components for effective supervision have been identified. Each component will be examined and select ones will be reinforced by videos that emphasize the key points. Skillful integration of these building blocks enables supervisors to achieve success. The building blocks can be catergorized into 3 parts: (1) essentials for leadership - including conflict resolution, decision-making, critical thinking, and program metrics: (2) Clinical issues such as teamwork, CBT for supervision; and (3) Administrative essentials - office organization; dealing with silos; avoid being a sandwiched manager.
By skillfully integrating these components, supervisors can enhance their leadership skills, improve clinical supervision, and efficiently manage administrative tasks. Learning not only what to do but also how to do it will empower supervisors to effectively apply their knowledge in real-world scenarios, ensuring success in their roles.
The major focus is for supervisors who are supervising units within their organization and will focus more on administrative rather than clinical functions.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will demonstrate their understanding by defining and explaining the building blocks for effective supervision in a structured group discussion.
- Participants will showcase their ability to implement the building blocks for supervision through role-play scenarios, followed by peer and instructor feedback.
- Participants will develop and present a supervision plan that incorporates the three cornerstones of social work (administrative, supportive, and educational) demonstrating practical application of the building blocks.
- Definition of supervision for social workers (5 minutes)
- Differences between social work supervision and other supervision (5 minutes)
- Direct and vicarious liability (5 minutes)
Review of 3
building blocks Administrative/educational/
· Review of Supervisory Leadership with case study (10 minutes)
· Essentials for Leadership- Supervisory Administrative Building Block Skills (1 hour- discussion, videos, case studies)
o Conflict resolution
o Decision making
o Critical thinking
o Difficult conversations (afternoon session on difficult conversations will not be reviewed in depth)
o Keeping up with laws and policy changes
· Direct Supervisory Building block skills - related to clinical (1 hour - discussion, videos, case studies)
o Supervise the person - not the problem
o Be aware of unhelpful thinking
o Transference-Counter transference
o Be self aware - develop yourself
o Getting to outcomes -SMART Goals
o Working as a team
o Cultivate a vision for your group
· Everyday Administrative Building Block Skills (30 minutes - lecture- short video)
· Be fair, consistent and equitable
· Be familiar with all components of the organization - don't work in a silo
· Don't be a sandwiched manager
· Develop office systems
· Participate on committees, task forces· Think strategically - work smart not hard
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.