Add this webinar to your calendar:
Ethical dilemmas can sometimes leave you at a crossroads! As clinicians, we encounter roadblocks which can cloud our decision making and lead to the wrong course of action. When ethical violations are made, it is most disheartening to know the harm caused to the clients we serve.
To aid clinicians in navigating this challenging road of ethical dilemmas in-person and virtually, this interactive course will take you on a personal journey to do the right thing. Clinicians will learn to apply foundational ethical principles and use best practices such as the Code of Ethics and decision-making models when faced with ethical dilemmas.
(Trainer: Alesha Perkins is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Virginia and North Carolina and a Certified Case Manager. Alesha has over 19 years of experience in the social work field with focuses on medical social work, child protective services, case management, mental health and substance abuse counseling. Ten years ago she began her instructional career providing ethics trainings to dialysis providers, and since then has created and facilitated numerous trainings for mental health and medical professionals. Alesha is a former Clinical Director for a mental health agency and currently works for a health insurance provider as a Program Manager. In addition, she provides clinical supervision and is an instructor for Perkins Medical Services which is family-owned and has been in business for 21 years.)
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Starting the Journey: (45 minutes)
- Ice Breaker/Self-Assessment
- Definition of Ethics and where Ethics originate
Avoiding Accidents: (30 minutes)
- Identifying Ethical Dilemmas
- Code of Ethics
- Best Practices/Ethical Decision-Making Models
Detour: (20 minutes)
- Telehealth best practices
Encountering Roadblocks: (60 minutes)
- Common Ethical Violations
- Case scenarios/group discussion-breakout rooms
Ending the Journey: (15 minutes)
- Where do we go from here: Tips to prevent legal issues
Q&A: (10 minutes)
- Participants will learn the definition of ethics.
- Participants will recognize the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline.
- Participants will identify ethical dilemmas.
- Participants will utilize decision making models and additional tools/resources as best practices.
- Participants will learn best practices of telehealth.
- Participants will be able to identify what constitutes as an ethical violation and legal ramifications.
- Participants will engage in group exercises/discussions to determine best practices for handling ethical dilemmas.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..