Add this webinar to your calendar:
Ethical dilemmas can sometimes leave you at a crossroads! As clinicians, we encounter roadblocks which can cloud our decision making and lead to the wrong course of action. When ethical violations are made, it is most disheartening to know the harm caused to the clients we serve.
To aid clinicians in navigating this challenging road of ethical dilemmas in-person and virtually, this interactive course will take you on a personal journey to do the right thing. Clinicians will learn to apply foundational ethical principles and use best practices such as the Code of Ethics and decision-making models when faced with ethical dilemmas.
(Trainer: Alesha Perkins is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Virginia and North Carolina and a Certified Case Manager. Alesha has over 19 years of experience in the social work field with focuses on medical social work, child protective services, case management, mental health and substance abuse counseling. Ten years ago she began her instructional career providing ethics trainings to dialysis providers, and since then has created and facilitated numerous trainings for mental health and medical professionals. Alesha is a former Clinical Director for a mental health agency and currently works for a health insurance provider as a Program Manager. In addition, she provides clinical supervision and is an instructor for Perkins Medical Services which is family-owned and has been in business for 21 years.)
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will learn the definition of ethics.
- Participants will recognize the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline.
- Participants will identify ethical dilemmas.
- Participants will utilize decision making models and additional tools/resources as best practices.
- Participants will learn best practices of telehealth.
- Participants will be able to identify what constitutes as an ethical violation and legal ramifications.
- Participants will engage in group exercises/discussions to determine best practices for handling ethical dilemmas.
Starting the Journey: (45 minutes)
- Ice Breaker/Self-Assessment
- Definition of Ethics and where Ethics originate
Avoiding Accidents: (30 minutes)
- Identifying Ethical Dilemmas
- Code of Ethics
- Best Practices/Ethical Decision-Making Models
Detour: (20 minutes)
- Telehealth best practices
Encountering Roadblocks: (60 minutes)
- Common Ethical Violations
- Case scenarios/group discussion-breakout rooms
Ending the Journey: (15 minutes)
- Where do we go from here: Tips to prevent legal issues
Q&A: (10 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.