Thursday, December 14th, 2023
Class 1: 11:00 AM EDT
Class 2: 2:45 PM EDT
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Full Day Webinar
December 14th, 2023
10:00 AM - 4:45 PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
For over 50 years, various professionals have been required by law to report suspicions of child abuse and neglect as “mandated reporters”. This workshop explores the role of mandated reporting by applying foundational ethical principles through the lens of racial & social justice. An exploration of the original intent of mandated reporter laws will be juxtaposed with the evolution of the legal responsibility, and resulting disproportionalities in the current system. As society grapples with the role that certain systems, including the child welfare system, have played in poor outcomes for children of color, it is vital that we explore the role that individual reporters play in this process. This workshop will provide a framework for professionals to place their role in context, with the goal of furthering racial and social justice for all children and families.
About the Presenter
Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Principal Consultant with Krase Consultant and founder of Making the Tough Call is an expert on the professional reporting of suspected child maltreatment. She has authored multiple books and articles on the subject. She has years of experience consulting with government and community based organizations to develop policy & practice standards. Organizational Chart “Making the Tough Call” is a project of Krase Consulting. Kathryn S. Krase is the sole proprietor of both initiatives. Both Making the Tough Call and Krase Consulting are registered entities in New York State.
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EST
Physical and Mental health professionals cannot ignore the impact that various forms of bias play into the barriers to and disparities experience in the delivery of care. For instance, the concerns of women who present for treatment are more often ignored than those of men who present for treatment. And, the concerns of Black women, in particular, are ignored at their peril. This course explains the role of implicit and explicit bias in defining the systems that provide physical and mental health care in America. This course also includes strategies for individual professionals, and professionals in collaboration, to use in order to reduce disparities in access to and delivery of physical and mental health care services. This course meets the “Implicit Bias Training” requirements outlined under Michigan State Public Health Code.
About the Presenter
Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Principal Consultant with Krase Consultant, is an expert on the legal and ethical implications of professional practice. She has authored multiple books and articles on the subject. She has years of experience consulting with government and community based organizations to develop policy & practice standards.
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.