Add this webinar to your calendar:
Course will include overview of incidence and prevalence of the comorbid conditions in young children and will review the literature on empirically supported treatments for each condition in isolation as well as the nuanced assessment and treatment of the comorbid presentation.
Dr. Steven Kurtz is the President of Kurtz Psychology Consulting PC, a NYC-based mental health group serving the emotional and behavioral needs of young children throughout the Metro NY area. They specialize in assessing and treating externalizing behaviors, such as ADHD and oppositionality, as well as severe internalizing behaviors, such as anxiety disorders and selective mutism. Dr. Kurtz is the developer of PCIT-SM, the PCIT adaptation for selective mutism. His team has also done pioneering work in Teacher-Child Interaction Treatment (TCIT) – bringing behavioral coaching for teachers to a new level of effectiveness. He is one of only 24 master trainers in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy(PCIT), and a dedicated advocate for children with special needs. An expert commentator, he has appeared on numerous programs addressing child mental health, including NBC’s Today, CBS’s The Early Show and PBS’s Keeping Kids Healthy. Dr. Kurtz’s Brave Buddies program for SM was also featured on ABC’s Nightline. Brave Buddies has been formally replicated in six cities in three countries. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology where he serves as an examiner as well. His research is published in refereed journals and he volunteers as an ad hoc reviewer.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to describe when aggression serves the function of anxious avoidance
- Participants will be able to define how the term negative reinforcement applies to anxious avoidance
- Participants will be able to describe how successive approximations can be used to shape approach to feared stimuli by anxious, aggressive children.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.