Add this webinar to your calendar:
Perinatal (or reproductive) trauma includes infertility, miscarriage, perinatal loss, complicated birth, and postpartum. These adverse reproductive events engender loss and disrupt every aspect of clients' lives. This presentation will help participants understand the losses associated with reproductive trauma and learn clinical interventions that help clients process these losses.
Mara Tesler Stein, Psy.D. is a clinical psychologist in private practice specializing in coping with grief and trauma, the emotional aspects of medical crisis, especially around pregnancy & parenting, and providing developmentally supportive, relationship-based care to families. She presents both in the US and Israel on these issues and consults to health care providers and hospitals, guiding their efforts to improve the level of psychological support and care to families during and subsequent to medical crisis. She is the co-author of Parenting Your Premature Baby and Child: The Emotional Journey (Fulcrum, 2004) and Intensive Parenting: Surviving the Journey through the NICU (Fulcrum, 2013).
- Participants will gain information about the various losses faced by clients as they confront infertility or reproductive trauma.
- Participants will be able to identify and recognize the emotional experience associated with these losses.
- Participants will learn specific interventions that could be helpful to clients as they seek to cope and find emotional resolution to their losses.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.