Add this webinar to your calendar:
This session will review the medical conditions that may sometimes lead to or worsen depression and sexual dysfunction. Although it is not the therapist’s role to conduct a medical interview, it is important for every therapist to inquire about the general health of their client, to acquire a basic knowledge of common causes and to make certain that the client has a physician involved in their health care. This talk will address conditions that are often overlooked or underestimated as causes of mood changes and sexual dysfunction. Commonly used medications will be briefly reviewed.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- To understand the importance of the therapist's role in identifying possible medical issues that could play a role in the client's symptomatology and insure that the client seeks medical consultation
- To describe the impact of agin in both men and women and of changes throughout the reproductive life cycle of women on sexual function.
- To describe common medical conditions and medications that may affect the client's sexual function.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).