This webinar will talk about how to connect with children who are oppositional, shy, or distant. For many children interacting is very uncomfortable. Speaking is very uncomfortable. Therefore, the use of the ball or the phone can help a child express some of those feelings. The webinar will show different ways to use the ball and the phone in order to talk with the child. Each webinar workshop offers one hour of continuing education credit. To receive credit, a quiz and an evaluation must be completed following each webinar. Kids Inc. is an approved provider of Play Therapy Continuing Education by the Association of Play Therapy, APT Approved Provider 10-275.
- Participants will be able to understand symbolism behind these techniques.
- Participants will be able to see examples of how these techniques are used.
- Participants will be able to better understand these techniques using their own theoretical approach in working with children.
- Kids Inc. (APT Approved Provider 10-275) is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer Continuing education specific to play therapy
- NEFESH International SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0048