Add this webinar to your calendar:
Subject of the course: Participants will learn how to orient and support clients in the challenging task of processing trauma. In addition participants will gain insight to the nature of distorted thinking that commonly results from traumatic experiences.
There are multiple necessary components that clinicians need to take into consideration when guiding traumatized clients through the journey of processing traumatic memories. In this “hands on” webinar, a role-play of a therapist and client processing a traumatic incident will be demonstrated. The therapist will have the “client” share a narrative, while assessing the level of distress the client is presenting. In addition, the therapist will explore and identify the “hot spot” and negative thoughts associated with it. Participants will also learn how to address negative thoughts that are associated with the traumatic incident.
Yitzchok Sommer LSW, CASAC-T, is a Licensed Social Worker who specializes in working with behavioral issues in pre-teens, teens and their parents. He is a certified TF-CBT therapist and has advanced training in treating symptoms related to trauma and abuse (PTSD), helping clients develop coping skills and process negative experiences. Most recently he has worked as a clinician in an out-patient therapy setting where he has gained valuable experience, working with victims of trauma as well as other mood and behavior related disorders.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Identify the â€œhot spotâ€ of the narrative
- Identify negative thoughts related to hot spot
- Manage high levels of anxiety that surface during narrative writing
- Help client use containment skills at the end of sessions
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.