This course is designed to provide an overview of essential skills for assessing children and adolescents. This course is geared toward master’s level clinicians who already have some experience and competence in child/adolescent treatment. The course will include a lecture portion, a case example, and a brief question/answer component.
Sara Gluck, PhD, LCSW, is licensed in NY and NJ. She earned her BA in psychology at Touro College in Brooklyn, NY. She then completed her Master’s in Social Work at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, where she became an active member in the Phi Alpha Honor Society. Sara then graduated with honors from Capella University, where she completed a Ph.D. in Psychology. Her research interests include social cognitive processes and media psychology. Sara has completed post-graduate training in Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Structured Psychotherapy for Adolescents Responding to Chronic Stress (SPARCS), Sand Play Therapy, and Parent Leadership Coaching. Sara offers clinical training and supervision to mental health professionals and is enjoys facilitating psycho-educational lectures and workshops. As the clinical director of psychotherapy at the Five Towns Wellness Center, Sara performs detailed psychological assessments and provides treatment that combines evidence-based modalities with a little bit of soul.
- Participants will receive an overview of common presenting problems
- Participants will learn which psychometric testing instruments may be used to help identify and diagnose childhood disorders.
- Participants will learn about the elements of a comprehensive clinical assessment.
- NEFESH International SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0048
- NEFESH International SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists #0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0082