Wednesday, October 18th, 2023 7:00 PM EDT
Kathryn Krase PhD, JD, MSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Please note: Due to a personal emergency, the afternoon sessions of this full day seminar has been postponed. You can register for the morning session here
Ethical and Clinical Principles in Schoolhouse Rights: Exploring Rights of Students, Parents, and Teachers
Full Day Webinar
October 10th, 2023
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
“It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate.” Justice Abe Fortas in Tinker v. Des Moines, USSC 393 U.S. 503 (1969)
What happens at schools has long been a source of controversy in America: Armbands to protest the Vietnam War. Drug testing of student-athletes. Affirmative Action. Banning books. And so much more... Mental and behavioral health professionals should adhere to an ethical principle of challenging injustice. We all should know the legal and ethical issues that define controversy in school policy, so that we can be effective advocates for justice. This workshop explores the rights of students, their parents, and teachers/school administrators through an examination of international, federal, state and local law. Tools for proactive and responsive policy advocate are provided and exercised.
About the Presenter
Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Principal Consultant with Krase Consultant and founder of Making the Tough Call is an expert on the professional reporting of suspected child maltreatment. She has authored multiple books and articles on the subject. She has years of experience consulting with government and community based organizations to develop policy & practice standards. Organizational Chart “Making the Tough Call” is a project of Krase Consulting. Kathryn S. Krase is the sole proprietor of both initiatives. Both Making the Tough Call and Krase Consulting are registered entities in New York State.
DATE CHANGE: NEW DATE OCTOBER 18, 7:00PM EST
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
Mental and Behavioral Health Professionals throughout the United States are mandated reporters of suspected child maltreatment. However, our legal requirement to report is often confusing to navigate in relation to our other professional and ethical responsibilities. This workshop is intended for mental and behavioral health who already have a basic understanding of their obligations as mandated reporters, and want to explore areas that are complicated by our professional relationships with clients in light of our legal obligations. Specifically, we will explore informed consent practices with different client populations, supporting practice with clients after making a report, and how to work with child protective services, especially in light of concerns for racial and social justice in the child welfare system.
About the Presenter
Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Principal Consultant with Krase Consultant, is an expert on the legal and ethical implications of professional practice. She has authored multiple books and articles on the subject. She has years of experience consulting with government and community based organizations to develop policy & practice standards.
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.