Wednesday, December 20th, 2023 2:45 PM EDT -5:45 PM EDT Diane Bigler, LCSW, LSCSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
How do therapists practice ethically in this digital age? There are many considerations in blending mental health and technology. With the use of smartphones, email, and social media, ethics and clinical guidelines can become blurred. This training will discuss the various aspects of technology that are becoming more present in the clinical world. Use of social media and technology devices will be discussed. Modern technological advances such as AI will be explored so that learners have context regarding the complexities of these technologies. Case examples will be used to make challenging topics and concepts easy to discuss and learn. Learners will gain more knowledge of compliance and ethics and technology and move your practice forward.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to explain professional standards for ethical technology use.
- Participants will be able to list clinical considerations for appropriate personal and professional technology use.
- Participants will be able to identify recommended risk management strategies of technology use.
1. History of technology use in mental health (1 hour)
Use of technology in counseling, social work, and psychotherapy (mental health)
Types of technology used in mental health care
Benefits and limitations of technology use in mental health care
Case examples of technology use in mental health
Emergence of new standards
2. Core concepts and themes: (1 hour)
Provision of information to the public; designing and delivering services; gathering, managing, and storing
information; collegial relationships; and educating students and practitioners
What do the codes say? NASW, APA, ACA
Ethical and clinical considerations of specific tech uses: email, cell phones, AI, social media, etc.
Case examples of unethical technology practices
3. Social media and ethics (1 hour)
Common ethical missteps
Online groups for "case consultation"
A Different Perspective: Melinda Lewis
Recommendations (Zur Institute)
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.