Monday, August 28th, 2023 1:45 PM EST Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC, SEP
Add this webinar to your calendar:
3 CE Credits - Ethics, 3 CE Contact Hours
Have you suddenly found yourself seeing clients through your computer screen without having had training to be in this positions? Get a comprehensive understanding of the ins and outs of Telehealth, your responsibilities to your clients and their responsibilities to the relationship. learning the ethical requirements of Telehealth as well as how to achieve benefits for you as the therapist and for the people you are seeing through the computer.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
2. HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules (15 minutes)
• Connection to Telehealth
• Keeping Telehealth Secure
• Protecting ePHI and the therapist.
• Why you shouldn’t use SMS, Skype or email for
3. Changes that came and went with Covid (30 minutes)
• What is the new normal
• How do we know what are responsibility is based on
license, location of client and therapist, and State.
• What personal risk management plans do we have?
4. Setting up for Telehealth (10 minutes)
• Lights, Monitor, Camera, Connections, Eye support
• Choosing a platform with BAA
• Client and therapist set up responsibilities
5. Responsibilities and what to be aware of During the
Telehealth Session (30 minutes)
• Initial vs on-going sessions
• What’s being seen on screen
• Online Disinhibition Effects
• American Telemedicine Association’s advice
• Video – What to do or not do in Video session
6. Things to do After the Session
• Self- Care
7. Differences in Intrastate, Interstate, and International
provisions (20 minutes)
• What are the laws?
• What is the culture and how does it differ from mine?
• What’s the support culture?
8. Reviewing the parts of Telehealth as per American
Psychological Association (15 minutes)
9. Wellness/Isolation Well-Being checklist (10 minutes)
10. Sharing forms
11. Questions and Answers
- Participants will be able to explain how HIPAA & Codes of Ethics inform Telehealth and the changes that resulted from Covid-19.
- Participants will be able to set up and utilize different telehealth equipment.
- Participants will understand and be able to implement the expected Therapist & Client Responsibilities when using telehealth
- Participants will be able to identify what to do and not do in a telehealth session
- Participants will be able to differentiate between acceptable electronic payments and will describe awareness of insurance filing modifications
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.