Monday, June 24th, 2024 1:45 PM EDT -4:45 PM EDT Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC, SEP
3 CE Credits - Ethics, 3 CE Contact Hours
The rapid integration of telehealth into therapeutic practices has become a reality for many mental health professionals, often without the luxury of formal training in this medium. This webinar aims to provide therapists with a comprehensive understanding of telehealth, addressing their responsibilities to clients and exploring clients' obligations in the therapeutic relationship. By examining ethical frameworks, privacy concerns, and potential pitfalls, therapists can better navigate the virtual landscape while upholding professional standards. In addition, this class explores the benefits of telehealth for both therapists and clients. It discusses strategies for optimizing the therapeutic process through virtual means, ensuring that therapists can harness the advantages of technology to enhance their practice. Simultaneously, it investigates how clients can actively contribute to the success of the therapeutic relationship within the telehealth context. By addressing ethical considerations and highlighting strategies of telehealth, mental health professionals can navigate the challenges of remote therapy while fostering a meaningful connection with their clients.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to explain how HIPAA & Codes of Ethics inform Telehealth and the changes that resulted from Covid-19.
- Participants will be able to set up and utilize different telehealth equipment.
- Participants will understand and be able to implement the expected Therapist & Client Responsibilities when using telehealth
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to differentiate appropriate and inappropriate actions in a telehealth session, thereby enhancing their competence in conducting virtual therapeutic interactions.
- Participants will be able to differentiate between acceptable electronic payments and will describe awareness of insurance filing modifications
2. HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules (15 minutes)
• Connection to Telehealth
• Keeping Telehealth Secure
• Protecting ePHI and the therapist.
• Why you shouldn’t use SMS, Skype or email for
3. Changes that came and went with Covid (30 minutes)
• What is the new normal
• How do we know what are responsibility is based on
license, location of client and therapist, and State.
• What personal risk management plans do we have?
4. Setting up for Telehealth (10 minutes)
• Lights, Monitor, Camera, Connections, Eye support
• Choosing a platform with BAA
• Client and therapist set up responsibilities
5. Responsibilities and what to be aware of During the
Telehealth Session (30 minutes)
• Initial vs on-going sessions
• What’s being seen on screen
• Online Disinhibition Effects
• American Telemedicine Association’s advice
• Video – What to do or not do in Video session
6. Things to do After the Session
• Self- Care
7. Differences in Intrastate, Interstate, and International
provisions (20 minutes)
• What are the laws?
• What is the culture and how does it differ from mine?
• What’s the support culture?
8. Reviewing the parts of Telehealth as per American
Psychological Association (15 minutes)
9. Wellness/Isolation Well-Being checklist (10 minutes)
10. Sharing forms
11. Questions and Answers
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.