Add this webinar to your calendar:
Early attachment experiences wire brain circuits, create core beliefs, and form the template for future relationships. Attachment trauma causes depression,anxiety, shame,antisocial behavior,and emotional dysregulation.
In this cutting-edge seminar,internationally renowned trauma and attachment expert,Terry M. Levy, Ph.D.,teaches you concepts and skills necessary to facilitate positive change with challenging clients with trauma and/or attachment wounds. You will learn effective assessment and therapeutic techniques for children, adults, couples and families,based on the latest research in neurobiology, trauma and attachment therapy,and resilience.
Terry M. Levy, Ph.D.,D.A.P.A., B.C.F.E., has been a psychotherapist,trainer, supervisor and consultant for over 40 years. Dr. Levy is the director of Evergreen Psychotherapy Center and the Attachment Treatment and Training Institute in Evergreen,Colorado. He is a licensed clinical psychologist in Colorado and Florida,a Board Certified Forensic Examiner and a Diplomate and Master Therapist of the American Psychotherapy Association. He is the co-author of the best-seller Attachment, Trauma & Healing (2"d edition, 2014, Jessica Kingsley Publisher,London),editor of Handbook of Attachment Interventions (2000, Elsevier Press) and co-author of Healing Parents: Helping Wounded Children Learn to Trust and Love (2006, Child Welfare League of America).
Dr. Levy was the founder and previous director of the Family Life Center (Florida) and the Miami Psychotherapy Institute, which offered family systems treatment and training. He was co-founder and past-president of the board of directors of the Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children (ATIACh), an international organization dedicated to attachment and its critical importance to human development. Dr. Levy is a clinicalmember of the American,Colorado,and Florida Psychological Associations,American and Colorado Associations of Marriage and Family Therapy, American Family Therapy Academy,and the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Explain how to utilize Attachment Communication Training to foster effective communication, conflict-management and secure attachment.
- Explain how traumatized and resistant individuals can achieve positive personaland relationship goals, including posttraumatic growth.
- Create secure and fulfilling relationships by facilitating limbic resonance and attachment security.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.