Presenter: Terry M. Levy, Ph.D.,D.A.P.A., B.C.F.E
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Early attachment experiences wire brain circuits, create core beliefs, and form the template for future relationships. Attachment trauma causes depression,anxiety, shame,antisocial behavior,and emotional dysregulation.
In this cutting-edge seminar,internationally renowned trauma and attachment expert,Terry M. Levy, Ph.D.,teaches you concepts and skills necessary to facilitate positive change with challenging clients with trauma and/or attachment wounds. You will learn effective assessment and therapeutic techniques for children, adults, couples and families,based on the latest research in neurobiology, trauma and attachment therapy,and resilience.
Clinical videos will illustrate how various interventions promote change and healing with the following issues:
• Beliefs and attitudes
• Attachment security in children and adults
• Traumatic emotions,behaviors, mindsets,and brain/biochemistry
• Communication and resilience
• Family dynamics
• Controlling,defiant,and resistant clients
Through video case studies,presentation and discussion, you will leave this seminar with practical and effective techniques you can use to help clients achieve symptom reduction,fulfilling lives and meaningful relationships.
Terry M. Levy, Ph.D.,D.A.P.A., B.C.F.E., has been a psychotherapist,trainer, supervisor and consultant for over 40 years. Dr. Levy is the director of Evergreen Psychotherapy Center and the Attachment Treatment and Training Institute in Evergreen,Colorado. He is a licensed clinical psychologist in Colorado and Florida,a Board Certified Forensic Examiner and a Diplomate and Master Therapist of the American Psychotherapy Association. He is the co-author of the best-seller Attachment, Trauma & Healing (2"d edition, 2014, Jessica Kingsley Publisher,London),editor of Handbook of Attachment Interventions (2000, Elsevier Press) and co-author of Healing Parents: Helping Wounded Children Learn to Trust and Love (2006, Child Welfare League of America).
Dr. Levy was the founder and previous director of the Family Life Center (Florida) and the Miami Psychotherapy Institute, which offered family systems treatment and training. He was co-founder and past-president of the board of directors of the Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children (ATIACh), an international organization dedicated to attachment and its critical importance to human development. Dr. Levy is a clinicalmember of the American,Colorado,and Florida Psychological Associations,American and Colorado Associations of Marriage and Family Therapy, American Family Therapy Academy,and the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 2 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.